Monday 7 January 2008

Eurocopter SA365 Dauphin 2
1/72 US Coastguard


The Eurocopter Dauphin (Dolphin) is a medium-weight multipurpose twin-engine helicopter manufactured by Eurocopter (originally by AĆ©rospatiale). Developed from the single-engined AĆ©rospatiale Dauphin variant, the Dauphin is one of Eurocopter's most successful designs and is widely used as a corporate transport, police, news media, emergency medical services and search & rescue helicopter. One of the distinctive features of the Dauphin is its fenestron tail rotor.

The kit used was the Revell kit# 04467. This was my first attempt at a helicopter, being more of a fighter man myself ;-) I'd been put off my the nightmarish stories I'd heard about getting the multiple canopy parts right! And were they right... I had to buy an extra kit to redo some of the canopies...

The kit quality was so-so. I'm currently working on a Revell Heinkel Bomber with very high definition parts, so cannot understand this disparity in quality! Anyway, I did my best putting it all together. The decals lacked very many cockpit instrument panels, so I had to paint in my own.



Conclusion: A nice little model that could've benefited from better detail and decals. The end result looks good though :-)





6 comments:

Unknown said...

It is areal beauty

Unknown said...

I love it

Unknown said...

It is an excellent piece of hard work. go on

vksethi said...

ECELLENT

Settar said...

I have started the same kit today, quality and details are really so-so :)
but you have done great job i think..

Unknown said...

Wonderful and minute work.
May ur work be appreciated my the whole world.